One injured in low-grade Tiffin bomb blast at Delhi’s Rohini court


Panic gripped people at the Rohini Court in Delhi and proceedings came to a halt after a mysterious explosion was reported in courtroom number 102 on the morning of December 9. The blast took place where the Metropolitan Magistrate hears traffic-related cases.

Initially, there is no clarity on the nature and source of the explosion, and some reports had claimed that a laptop in the court had exploded causing panic among people.

However, later it was reported that the real cause of the explosion was a low intensity explosion tiffin bomb. According to reports, there was an explosion in a bag kept in courtroom number 102 of Rohini Court. According to reports, an improvised explosive device (IED) and a tiffin-like object were recovered from the site.

Forensic experts joined the investigation to determine if it was a laptop that exploded or a tiffin bomb was planted. The NSG has also been called in to respond to any emergency and Delhi Police Commissioner Rakesh Asthana is expected to appear in court. Deputy Police Commissioner (Rohini) Pranav Tayal is overseeing the investigation. For security reasons, the legal proceedings have been suspended.

As many as seven fire tenders were rushed to court premises and the Rohini Bar confirmed that at least one person went injured in the explosion. The injured person was identified as Constable Rajiv Kumar who was rushed to nearby Dr Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital for treatment. Firefighters said they received information about the explosion at 10:40 a.m. and the fire crew was quickly dispatched.

An official statement issued by Delhi Police said: “A minor low level explosion incident in a laptop bag occurred at Rohini Court Complex at around 10.30am. The spot has been closed. Forensic and NSG teams inspect and examine it.

Rohini court had witnessed a shooting in September

A shooting took place at Rohini Court on September 24 where mobster Jitendra Gogi and three others were killed. After this incident, the security of the court was reinforced.


Comments are closed.