EXCLUSIVE: Following the announcement of the suspension of the production of the film Searchlight to be mortal, Sources told Deadline that the suspension was related to a complaint filed against star Bill Murray for inappropriate behavior.
It’s unclear at this time what Murray’s involvement with the project will be, as the investigation remains active. Insiders add that Aziz Ansari – who stars, writes and makes his directorial debut on the film alongside co-star Youree Henley – was not part of the complaint, nor was co-star Seth Rogen.
Searchlight said it does not comment pending ongoing investigations.
Lucy Liu Opens Up About Altercation With Bill Murray On ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Set: ‘I fought back, and I don’t regret it’
The complaint was filed last week, production was halted on Monday and the decision was finally made to halt production as the investigation continues and next steps are decided. The cast and crew were informed of the suspension of production last night in a letter sent by the studio.
The film is based on the non-fiction book by Atul Gawande Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End. Principal photography began on March 28, and sources say it was halfway through before production halted this week. The plan was to release the film in 2023. It is unknown at this time if the suspension will affect the release.